Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

i love u

The most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or touched, but are felt in the heart.
 
I have always been taught that "things" really don't matter, but it wasn't until we moved to Brazil that I have realized, things really don't matter.
 
We have almost hit our year mark when we packed all of our belongings except for clothing, favorite blankets, favorite toys, favorite kitchen items, and other odds and ends that we thought would get us through a couple months until our container of items arrived. Well, we are still living off of those items. We have accumulated a little more, but really we don't really shop here in Brazil, its just not that great. Long story short, I have learned to love living without so much "stuff". I am not going to lie, there are a few things I am really looking forward to like craft items, a few rugs and my kitchen-aid.
 
As a whole most people go without so much here in Brazil. We had it so good/easy in the United States. Making memories and building lasting relationships with family and friends....along with helping others along the way are most important.
 
Going along with our Valentine's shenanigans we made great memories and a lot of emotions were felt in the heart. Connor even told me "this is the best Valentine's Day Ever!" and that is what it's all about. It really is.
 
I made our traditional decorated Valentine's Dinner. Presli even made a valentine for each member of the family that turned into "I love you because...." with the whole family. I was perfect.
 



 
Devin Surprised me and had a sitter lined up and we escaped to the temple and lunch. Love him more than anything, and super grateful he is the one I get live this crazy life with.

 

We topped the weekend with both Devin and I speaking in church. I am grateful and so in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment